All Strictly competitions currently on hold pending COVID 19 restrictions. We plan to still hold these where possible either in September/November or online. New Dates and details coming soon.
The JUMP JAM Competitions are a competitive inter-schools event that provides schools an opportunity to showcase their students and school in the artistry of JUMP JAM, locally, with the chance for media exposure and prestigious Championship titles.
Strictly JUMP JAM
This category is open for all JUMP JAM licensed schools. The Strictly Live competition is open to new students & those who have previously competed at any live JUMP JAM event. Two categories Strictly Freshman and Strictly Open. Students will present a JUMP JAM routine without costumes or choreography/pattern/formation changes, exactly as the JUMP JAM video. Students will be given a JUMP JAM tee shirt to wear on stage as part of their entry fee, that they can keep. For 2020 we will be running live competitions between Whangarei & Invercargill. Age categories are year 1-4 & year 5-8 (if entry numbers are big enough we will split the 5-8 to 5-6 & 7-8).
Videos Explaining Correct Technique For Training Competition Teams
- Posture and Clarity of Movement
- Range of Motion
- Energy of Movement
- Sharpness of Movement
- Strictly Training Tips Workshop Video
Coaching Tips from successful JUMP JAM coaches
- Coaching Tips From Former Head Judge Cindy Smith – the audition process
- Coaching Tips From NZ National Winning Coach Linda Compton, Waihopai School
- Coaching Tips From NZ National Winning Coach Kirsty-Lee Bracegridle, Heaton Intermediate
- Coaching Tips From NZ National Winning Coach Barbara Laing, Omanu School
- Coaching Tips From NZ National Winning Coach Ripeka Koia, Paroa School
- Amberley’s Competition Journey & Coaching Tips From NZ Winning Coach – Nicky Lotz
Benefits of Entering A JUMP JAM Competition
- Growth of self confidence in all participating students
- Gaining physical fitness and endurance, plus body awareness and posture
- Team camaraderie and gaining friendship and a feel of community within a group
- A squad ready for any performance or display opportunities
- Student leaders confident to lead others in JUMP JAM
- The benefits of goal setting to achieve a common outcome
- Promotes healthy lifestyle values for the school
- The students have fun doing it!
If you have any competition related questions please email Brett Fairweather at firstname.lastname@example.org