The JUMP JAM Competitions are a competitive inter-schools event that provides schools an opportunity to showcase their students and school in the artistry of JUMP JAM, Regionally, Nationally and Internationally, with the chance for television and media exposure and prestigious Regional and National Championship titles.
|Competition Type||Event||Dates 2018||Location|
|Strictly Live Competition||Entries Closed||Between 13th June & 3rd July||Hamilton, Tauranga, Napier, Palmerston North, Welllington, Nelson, Blenheim, North Christchurch, Christchurch, Dunedin & Invercargill|
|Challenge & Xtreme||Preliminary Entries Close||Wednesday 15th August||Online|
|Challenge & Xtreme||Results due out||Friday 24th August||Emailed and Online|
|Challenge & Xtreme||Regional Registrations Close||12th September||Online|
|North & South Island Regional Comp Tickets||Tickets Go On Sale via Ticketek||14th September till 24th October||Online Via Ticketek website. No Venue Pickup|
|Challenge & Xtreme||North Island Regional Competition||Saturday 27th October|
9am - 8pm
|Venue TBC, Tauranga|
|Challenge & Xtreme||South Island Regional||Saturday 3rd November||Venue TBC, Christchurch|
Coaching Tips from successful JUMP JAM coaches
- Coaching Tips From Former Head Judge Cindy Smith – the audition process
- Coaching Tips From NZ National Winning Coach Linda Compton, Waihopai School
- Coaching Tips From NZ National Winning Coach Kirsty-Lee Bracegridle, Heaton Intermediate
- Coaching Tips From NZ National Winning Coach Barbara Laing, Omanu School
- Coaching Tips From NZ National Winning Coach Ripeka Koia, Paroa School
- Amberley’s Competition Journey & Coaching Tips From NZ Winning Coach – Nicky Lotz
Benefits of Entering A JUMP JAM Competition
- Growth of self confidence in all participating students
- Gaining physical fitness and endurance, plus body awareness and posture
- Team comradery and gaining friendship and a feel of community within a group
- A squad ready for any performance or display opportunities
- Student leaders confident to lead others in JUMP JAM
- The benefits of goal setting to achieve a common outcome
- Promotes healthy lifestyle values for the school
- The students have fun doing it!
Videos Explaining Correct Technique For Training Competition Teams
- Posture and Clarity of Movement
- Range of Motion
- Energy of Movement
- Sharpness of Movement
- Challenge Examples
- Challenge Competition, How to Time Choreography Changes
Strictly JUMP JAM
This category is open for all JUMP JAM licensed schools. Students will present a JUMP JAM routine without costumes or choreography changes. This is “Strictly JUMP JAM” is only for newcomer students who have never competed at a JUMP JAM Regional or National event. Two levels, Years 1-4 & 4-8. For 2018 we wish to host live competitions from Whangarei to Invercargill in June. Venues and dates to be advised.
JUMP JAM Challenge
This category is open for all JUMP JAM licensed schools. It offers the opportunity to make up to 25% or 33% choreography changes to JUMP JAM routines and allows costumes and makeup. Ideal for schools that wish to express their creativity. 1-4 Novice and Open 4-6 Novice and Open, 7-8 Novice and Open & 4-8 All Boys. Teams will compete against other schools from across either the North or South Island. Teams will qualify via an online Preliminary video entry competition. Selected teams will then compete in either Christchurch or Tauranga.
JUMP JAM Xtreme
This category is open for all JUMP JAM licensed schools. It offers the opportunity to change up to 50% of the choreography to JUMP JAM routines and allows costumes and makeup. This category is for year 7-10 students only. Teams will compete against other schools from across either the North or South Island. Teams will qualify via an online Preliminary video entry competition. Selected teams will then compete in either Christchurch or Tauranga.
For competition related questions, please email Brett email@example.com